Re: Status of dgit (good for NMUs and fast-forwarding Debian branches)

Russ Allbery writes ("Re: Status of dgit (good for NMUs and fast-forwarding Debian branches)"):
> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> > I guess that you think I'm saying that the series of git commits in the
> > dgit history must correspond to the series of patches found in the
> > source package.
>
> debian/source/local-options and debian/source/local-patch-header are
> included in the working Git repository for the package but are not
> included in the source package as uplaoded to Debian.  (Yes, this means
> that they're somewhat directly contrary to the whole point of dgit.
> However, they're the best available mechanism to use a single patch for
> all changes with the 3.0 (quilt) package format if one doesn't want to
> attempt to track changes as separate patches.)

So dpkg-source strips these options files out when it builds the
package ?  Surely then if someone does an NMU based on the source
package the "single debian patch"ness will be lost ?

> Feel free to experiment with krb5-sync in experimental, since I'm about to
> release a new version, so there will be an upload that will clear out any
> NMUs in experimental as out of date before too much longer.

I'll see if I can take a look at this this evening.

Ian.