Re: Status of dgit (good for NMUs and fast-forwarding Debian branches)

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> Ian Jackson writes:

>>> I believe, if I understand this correctly, this will cause problems
>>> for the use of local-options and local-patch-header to set
>>> single-debian-patch for maintainer uploads.

>> I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't think so.

> Ah, wait, I think maybe I can speculate as to what you mean.

> I guess that you think I'm saying that the series of git commits in the
> dgit history must correspond to the series of patches found in the
> source package.

debian/source/local-options and debian/source/local-patch-header are
included in the working Git repository for the package but are not
included in the source package as uplaoded to Debian.  (Yes, this means
that they're somewhat directly contrary to the whole point of dgit.
However, they're the best available mechanism to use a single patch for
all changes with the 3.0 (quilt) package format if one doesn't want to
attempt to track changes as separate patches.)

Feel free to experiment with krb5-sync in experimental, since I'm about to
release a new version, so there will be an upload that will clear out any
NMUs in experimental as out of date before too much longer.