Re: detecting autopkgtest

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:00:01AM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> > I've many packages with a decent "test" target already, run at build
> > time.  In case this target is run by adt-run I want it to behave in
> > a slightly different way.  For exmample I don't want to set env
> > variables so that non system-wide installed .so files are found,
> > something really needed when running the tests at build time.
>
> Personally, I just added a small sh script to set a few ENV variables
> then called the upstream test target (see [1]).

I see, of course I could export my own WE_ARE_RUNNING_AUTOPKGTEST variable.
But if there is already one that does the job reliably... I could use
it, and others could do the same.  I guess I'm asking for a standardized
way of checking this.

Looking at the doc of adt-run, the only observable difference seems to be
the presence of ADTTMP.  But maybe a more polite way would be to ask
something like `adt --is-running` and let adt implement it as it likes.
Any autopkgtest devel around?

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi