Re: DSA, kFreeBSD, and the Singularity (was: How git performs when you throw all of Debian at it)

http://dsa.debian.org/ports/kfreebsd/

> e.g. Do you need it to better suit running as a virtualised guest, on
> KVM or Xen for example?  virtio drivers should be forthcoming for jessie
> and a XENHVM flavour is possible if it seems worth it.

We use ganeti (kvm) for virtualization.  Yes, better guest support would be
great.

More equivalency between linux and kfreebsd userland, at least as far as puppet
is concerned, would help.  For example, we like ferm, but ferm is iptables
only.

> I can only recall one wishlist bug from DSA at the moment which is
> #711247 requesting pflogd.  I'd love to hear more wishlist kfreebsd
> ideas from DSA.

See above url with incomplete list.

--
Luca Filipozzi