Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>
>> I've been meaning to add more informative info to the security-tracker
>> about end-of-lifed packages.  Right now you can see that info in the
>> raw tracker data, but the generate web pages don't make that clear at
>> all.
>
> Is the raw tracker data you are talking about?
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/secure-testing/data/package-tags?view=co

No, the end-of-life tags in:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/secure-testing/data/CVE/list?view=co

> As far as I can tell users are very unlikely to notice this. The tags
> are exported to the Packages files in wheezy but apt doesn't do
> anything with that information. debsecan doesn't seem to have support
> for these secteam tags and also lacks integration with apt (#431804).
> debsecan needs more people helping with it.

Yes, this information really needs to be more user visible.
Assistance with the security tracker is welcomed.

debsecan hasn't had a maintainer upload in almost two years, so nmus
fixing its open issues are quite appropriate.

Best wishes,
Mike