Re: default MTA

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 08:16:02, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 07:25:34 -0400, Chris Knadle
>
> <Chris.Knadle@coredump.us> wrote:
> >On Thursday, June 13, 2013 06:41:16, Marc Haber wrote:

> >Yes, I just did some testing myself and also find that it had been fixed.
> >
> >I don't recall reporting a bug at the time -- when I last used the split
> >configuration I think it was back before I was reporting bugs.  I think my
> >first bug report was in early 2005.
> >
> >> Before 2003, yes.
> >
> >I remember still running into trouble with this in mid-2003 on Debian
> >Testing.
>
> If there was a bug in 2005, there still is. The code cited above is in
> place since 2003.

The testing I did this morning was copying a default Wheezy VM and
reconfiguring Exim to use a "split file" config, and verifying that the
contents of an added /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/04_exim-config_testing.dpkg-dist
file doesn't get included in the generated configuration in
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.

So right now I think that I probably just didn't know that this had been
fixed, because I haven't been using the "split file" configuration for along
time.  I clearly remember having _upgrade_ problems in 2003 with Exim on
Debian Testing, but I might be confusing the root cause of those problems at
that time; there are occasional required configuration changes, and that's
another possible cause.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle