Re: Survey answers part 1: systemd has too many dependencies, …

Le 2013-06-10 10:18, Ondřej Surý a écrit :

systemd does not rely on a toolkit. So, most of the arguments
listed by
Jamie do not hold. I suppose that you are mostly worried by libdbus
since other libraries are already used in other critical
daemons.

Personally I would be more worried about libpam and it's ability to
load random pam modules into a memory, and we have a plenty of them.

$ apt-cache search "^libpam-" | wc -l
61

Do you have idea how would a buggy PAM module affect PID 1?

No PAM module is executed in PID 1. All PAM code is executed after forking a child process and only for jobs requiring PAM explicitly.