Re: Why not to let all DDs to execute "gb"-command

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 09:31:12PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 2013-06-06 12:40, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Which begs the question if build management should be merged into
> dak to provide insight about which package is new. Obviously this
> could also be a defined interface but if we're going to start to
> reuse dak's interfaces for that... maybe not.

Well, I don't think adding more kruft to dak is a great idea (I mean, if
it has to happen, it has to happen), but this really shows that we need
a unified way of passing machine-readable messages between services.

Let's see how the GSoC project turns out; I'm willing to bet even a
proof of concept would be useful to services that interdepend so
closely.

I mean, not to play the "UNIX" card, but one thing well, you know? Let's
just aid in the code talking to each other better.

My 2¢, anyway,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>