Re: How should we do for font-adobe-copyrighted-fragment error?

Le 6 juin 2013 07:20, "Atsuhito Kohda" <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have updated texmacs package today and saw that many
> type1 fonts contained in texmacs-common got error messages
> "font-adobe-copyrighted-fragment" by lintian.
>
> I remembered that there were discussions about proprietry
> code of adobe in Nov. 2012 but don't understand the conclusion.
>
> So I'd like to know what is the correct way to do when
> one sees this error messages.

I have contacted adobe and they are willing to relicense see main bug report.

But your package has two problem:
- they are non free license but distributable file and this is going to be fixed upstream.
- you have likely proprietary code in font file bit without credit and this is not distribuable.

From my point of view the second one should be corrected and is serious and render the package even non suitable for non free.  We are violating the license from adobe...

To solve the second case:
- if font are created  from font forge you need to rebuilt it and builttime and remove the violating file from source.
- if not you need to patch the font file at package time.

In the second case please solve the problem with upstream

Please follow the step given in the wiki and report false positive if needed (to me and Lintian bts)