Re: "Blacklists" in BTS (stopping the trolls and bug machines)

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:

And it your job as packager.

I would really welcome if you keep such advices about what is my job as packager and what is not to yourself. My time I can invest to Debian packaging is limited. And I would rather focus on fixing real bugs, preparing security updates (php5 had 15 security updates in squeeze, hitting the nice fourth place after Mozilla suite software), or making the library transitions smooth (only one Berkeley DB in wheezy, yay!) than dealing with too terse bugreports with little or no value.

Not worthless is another user it this bug. Please improve the package.bug file in order to give some guidance to your user. How to write good bug report.

Then come and help to write such package.bug file. Giving advices without a patch/code is not helpful.

Jidani in this case is a nice guy and follow the step.

That's why he usually doesn't use reportbug and never respond to any inquiries to improve his bugreports. Oh, yeah, he is a nice guy.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>