Re: GnuTLS in Debian

* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [131227 18:53]:
> "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> writes:
> > * Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [131224 01:42]:
>
> >> On the contrary, it's Debian's insistence on following an idiosyncratic
> >> license interpretation that's creating the supposed unfairness.  This
> >> is obviously not Red Hat's fault.
>
> > Could you please stop using that word "idiosyncratic".
>
> I believe idiosyncratic is exactly the correct term:
>
>   idiosyncratic
>       adj 1: peculiar to the individual; "we all have our own
>              idiosyncratic gestures"; "Michelangelo's highly
>              idiosyncratic style of painting"
>
> and therefore decline to stop using it.

Given that the GPL FAQ and thus the authors of the license seem
to be of the same opinion, calling an interpretation you do not
like as "peculiar to the individual" is already quite derogative.
Using a term that sounds quite similar like idiotic for this
is something even a troll could not do better.

        Bernhard R. Link