Re: systemd effectively mandatory now due to GNOME

Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.net> writes:
> On 2013-12-21 18:04:19 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> That said, the display managers in Debian other than kdm and gdm are not
>> ready for systemd at the moment.  I had to switch to gdm3 to use systemd
>> (by which I mean booting with it) because neither slim nor lightdm worked
>> properly.

> I actually had to switch from gdm3 to lightdm because I could no longer
> reboot or power off the machine with the new version... apparently due
> to an issue with systemd:

>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=729576

> Another user at least has the same issue.

Odd, I don't have any trouble at all with gdm3.  lightdm wouldn't even
start under systemd, IIRC.  But this was about six months ago and may well
already be fixed.  (I was guessing some missing integration with logind or
something; since it wasn't what I was fiddling with at the time, I didn't
investigate it in detail.)