Re: Need some guide with LSB core

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 09:55:21 PM Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Bas Wijnen writes ("Re: Need some guide with LSB core"):
> > >
> > > From the bugs you cite, the consensus in Debian seems to be that this
> > > is an unreasonable requirement which leads to buggy code.  However,
> > > since it is a requirement, we follow it and try to be very careful to
> > > avoid bugs.

> > LSB is, after all, a specification for third-party packages.  init
> > scripts written for Debian are first-party and can be Debian specific.
>
> Yes.  And we do know better than provide system-wide shell script functions
> for initscript usage that croak under "set -e", so there is no such
> requirement for Debian.
>
> If anything in the *Debian-provided* initscript helpers (which does include
> some of the LSB compatibility layer) croaks under "set -e", please file a
> bug so that it can be fixed.

I wish init scripts were simple as before
LSB headers and its other requirement introduces 2 aspects to same init
script,
1. starting the service with its parameters. (simple)
2. starting the service with respect to system and other services. (I see less
modularity here)

I don't know how infeasible it sounds but if [2] above could be split to
another file, with some more params introduced like to use set -e or not...etc
with its own language e.g
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monit-general/2013-11/msg00009.html

Just a thought.

--