Re: .py suffixed scripts to /usr/bin/

Le Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:21:54AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :

> So the easiest resolution is IMHO to maintain .py suffixes, but I feel
> unease about such a solution despite archive having  a good number
> of precedents already.

Hi Yaroslav,

I recommend if possible to keep the original upstream name if it has a suffix.
Not doing so means that Debian becomes incompatible with other systems and with
the existing documentation.

> So the question is -- is there any other possible resolution I do not
> see here besides just keeping .py suffixes and providing a lintian
> override?

The solution is to the change Policy :)

See http://bugs.debian.org/190753 for more discussion.

Cheers,