Re: Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

Hi Svante,

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:57:13 +0100 Svante Signell wrote:
> Triggered by the good news about OpenRC for GNU/kFreeBSD
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/10/msg00991.html

I wouldn't get too excited just yet;  with more work we might get OpenRC
working on our ports, but some still insist on there being *only*
systemd (and no ports).  *sigh*

I'm so glad for the existence of the ports right now.  Or Debian might
already have made this jump with eyes closed, into some vendor lock-in
type of situation.

> I would like to try to build it also for GNU/Hurd, save the PATH_MAX
> stuff. Where is it? It is not in http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Packages in the NEW queue are not available to download from anywhere
AFAIK.  But you can clone the packaging repo from:
http://anonscm.debian.org/git/git/collab-maint/openrc.git

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain