Re: on bootstrapping ports (was: Re: Bits from the Release Team (Jessie freeze info))

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Johannes Schauer wrote:

> Surely every maintainer of source packages involved in a Type 1 Self-Cycle
> knows about this issue. Because Type 2 Self-Cycles are non-obvious we could in
> the future (once build profiles are available) embed this information in the
> pts for the relevant packages. On the other hand, there only exist a small
> number (26 for amd64) source packages involved in Type 2 Self-Cycles so it
> might be enough to just post priority wishlist bug reports for each of them.

Please do file a bug on the PTS (qa.debian.org, usertag pts) about
this when the appropriate machine-readable package list and
human-readable explanations are available.

> But it does not allow continuous testing of bootstrappability of the whole
> archive.

This might be interesting information to have on edos.debian.net or
elsewhere on Debian QA infrastructure.

--
bye,
pabs