Re: Proposal: s have a GR about the init system

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 07:57:50AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> I don't have anything against Colin Watson, and have nothing in
> particular to complain about in his reply concerning the conflict of
> interest. But I don't think there really is much he could even
> theoretically say to fully remove concerns about the conflict. That
> there is a conflict of interest is not a statement about him in person;
> it's a statement about the situation.

At present I feel I have a well-known and declared interest, but not a
conflicting one, for reasons previously stated.  I'll recuse myself if
that changes or if my colleagues on the TC feel I should (as I
mentioned, I previously sought advice on this from the TC chair and he
didn't think it was necessary).

> I don't see what would be the point of CD #1 options for different
> inits. Is that really a serious suggestion?

I don't know whether I yet agree with this, but I can see where it's
coming from, given that GNOME has tighter integration into one init
system than other desktop systems do.