Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:15:02 -0400
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> I do wish that some of the .. energy .. seen in these threads could be
> used for something more interesting. For example, find a way to detect
> touch screen systems, on which xfce is *not* pleasant, and don't
> install a desktop task there, but a separate task with whichever UI
> is currently best suited for tablets.

Is there one in Debian?

Equally, is there genuine support for tablets within Debian beyond the
problems with GUIs and touchscreens? I'm not aware of anything
approaching usable GUI support, even discounting touch.

This is just one of the reasons for #726769 - O: tslib

--

Neil Williams