Re: Proposal: switch init system to systemd or upstart

On Fri, October 25, 2013 15:09, Neil Williams wrote:
> I disagree that this is achievable as a single switch. Backports spring
> to mind, security updates too will have to retain support for the init
> system in use in stable currently where that support existed in the
> package being backported at the version already in stable.

There is no such requirement as security updates to stable are done by
backporting only the relevant patches for the security issues at hand.
Only in exceptional cases the packaging from testing will be used as a
basis for a security update to stable.

Thijs