Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> wrote:

> Why are we still talking about CDs? Didn't everybody move to DVDs a century
> ago?
And then they moved away from DVDs too.
I guess we are talking about install images to download (where you usually
don't want to download entire DVD1), not about ISOs to actually burn.

In that case, enhancing jigdo so that the user can create and download a customized install image would IMHO be more useful than deciding which desktop becomes/remains default. Maybe a web version would help too: you choose what (broad) features you want in the install image, dependencies are automagically added, install image is generated and downloaded.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org