Re: [ANNOUNCE] git-deb: a Git importer for Debian packages

Le 24/10/2013 18:34, Dmitrijs Ledkovs a écrit :
> On 24 October 2013 15:15, Gabriel de Perthuis <g2p.code@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Is it compatible with Ian's dgit ?
>>
>> I only know what dgit does from reading the source code.  dgit works
>> server-side and is only available to DDs; as I understand it it creates
>> a new, canonical repo, imports the current version and uses that as a
>> base for new uploads.  It's useful as part of a maintainer's workflow.
>> My tool is useful to get a git view of any package, without waiting for
>> anyone to convert their repo.
>
> Yes, sure. But it starts off a repository by taking the latest .dsc
> file and generating a commit out of it.
> The cool thing about how it generates the commit, is that it's
> reproducible and generates stable SHA-1 id by setting GIT time
> variables & author variables from the .dsc.
> Such that it doesn't matter who/where/when runs the import as the
> commit tree / commit id will be the same (well sans parenting
> information, but that could be easily fixed with graft points)

That's also the case here: the fast-import stream only depends on
downloaded archives.  Options that customise the import (skipping
commits and adding trusted keys) change the clone url by design.  Future
releases could change commit message conventions, however.