Re: systemd effectively mandatory now due to GNOME

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 16:05 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >Well, Debian is aiming for full systemd integration with Jessie, so
> >there is that.
> Ummm, no. You and some others might be, but not Debian as a whole

I just wondered... when and how is this going to be decided? I mean,
whether systemd will become default or not.

I mean the current boot system has several issues which cannot be easily
solved there (what's most importantly for me is
This is probably not only the "fault" of sysvinit but also the
initramfs-scripts/hooks of some packages,... and systemd doesn't fix all
these AFAIK, but I guess it would be easier there.

Anyway,... at some point some decision has probably to be made what
Debian will do (per default)... when and how?