Submitting a package

I read through the documentation and it's a bit unclear to me how to
do this - it seemed like I needed to maintain some work before being
approved to be a Maintainer but I'm not sure where to do that.

We have a PAM module that we're going to open source in a month or so
and I would like to be able to have it in a Debian repo when we do. We
are using the attached package for testing (if you build from source)
so I figured this was a good place to start. Since I gather that any
package will need to be submitted by someone else, I did not sign it
(also because I plan to setup another identity for dealing with
package submissions).

Can someone give feadback as to anything that should be corrected in
this package or submit it upstream?