Re: First autoremovals happen in about 8 days

On 2013-10-15 15:35, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> [sorry for the late reply I was on vac]

Hi,

No worries.

> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 09:52:17AM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
>>
>> Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
>>    gdpc: bugs 713652, flagged for removal in 8.3 days
>
> Fixed.

Thank you,

>>    gwyddion: bugs 713565, flagged for removal in 8.3 days
>
> Hmmm, that's really strange.  The bug report was closed
>
>    Sat, 29 Jun 2013 13:07:42 +0200
>
> Seems something is wrong with the script.

I am more inclined to believe that you experienced one of the quirks of
the Debian BTS.  According to the BTS, it is:

"""
Fixed in version src:gwyddion/2.28-2
"""

In the bottom of the bug log you will find:

"""
No longer marked as found in versions gwyddion/2.28-2
"""

meaning that the bug was (or, rather, used to be) marked as "fixed" in
the same version as it was "found".  The BTS handles this by *silently
ignoring the fixed version* and thus concluding the bug is still in
2.28-2.  It then hands that off to Britney and the auto-removal script,
which will consider 2.28-2 as buggy as well.

>>    praat: bugs 713597, flagged for removal in 8.3 days
>
> We'll care about this in Debian Med team.

\o/

>>    r-other-mott-happy: bugs 709190,713284, flagged for removal in 8.3 days
>
> Besides the fact that this package should actually removed from testing
> (perhaps even from Debian - the actual Uploader in our team should take
> action about this) I noticed that something seems to be wrong in
> rendering the BTS page.  While the first bug (#709190) is mentioned
> the second one (#713284) is missing on the BTS page:
>
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=r-other-mott-happy
>
> Any explanation for this?

Well, they are merged into each other and thus the BTS decided only to
show one of them in the bug page.  However, both bugs appear when you
reference then directly via [1] and [2].

> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

~Niels