Re: [RFC] multiarch and virtual packages

On 03/10/13 10:54, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>   The only "problem" is that it is not currently possible to install
> an ICD Loader:i386 from one vendor and an ICD Loader:amd64 from another
> vendor.

Is there a valid reason to do that, other than "because I can"? If
nobody would actually want to do that, then it isn't a problem :-)

Indeed, if the ICD loaders all provide the same ABI and functionality,
does there need to be anything beyond "the best one" in Debian? We only
need alternative implementations if there are significant reasons to
prefer A over B, and also significant reasons to prefer B over A.