Re: [RFC] multiarch and virtual packages

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> wrote:
>   I tried several variation, adding :same and/or :i386/:amd64 to
> the Conflicts and/or Provides in ICD Loader. I do not succeed into

:same doesn't exist (in this context), where did you find that?
Anyway, negative dependencies (Conflicts/Breaks/Replaces) effect all
architectures and can't be limited to specific architectures currently [0].

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec#Architecture-specific_Conflicts.2BAC8-Replaces

>   I see (not tested) one solution: to use one virtual package per
> architecture (libopencl1-i386, libopencl1-amd64, ...) but this means to
> generate the Provides/Conflicts/Replaces field at build time (using
> subst vars).

How about alternatives instead of this Provides/Conflicts/Replaces stuff
to allow multiple loaders per architecture (and such an alternative is
architecture specific by design).

And could the virtual package maybe named 'opencl-loader-api-1' or
something?

Best regards

David Kalnischkies

P.S.: If you wanna play, try APTs testcases. :)