Re: Results of the porter roll call (Was: Roll call for porters of architectures in sid and testing)

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 02:17:31PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Jonathan Dowland (2013-10-02 13:51:06)
> > On a related note, I idly wonder whether anyone is interested
> > in an official ARMv6 hf port. The rpi community is massive.
> > To be clear I'm not volunteering to be involved, merely curious.
>
> Are you aware of any other hardware that would benefit from such
> architecture?

No. Stuff using armhf now could run a v6+hf port, and I think it's a
shame we baselined on v7 for this reason, but that decision has passed.
Raspbian seems to be fine, I kind-of think it's a shame that Debian
doesn't have the exposure and mindshare it would have had if it was
the blessed port for rPi itself… but like I said, I'm not going to be
working on it either way.

> The info at https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi#Raspberry_Pi_issues
> indicates RPi specifically not relevant to spend Debian resources on.

Last I checked I don't have the source for the microcode for my Intel
amd64 CPU, either.

> If you disagree with the bleak picture that text draws, please consider
> adding more info there.

I don't disagree (although I think the bottom-most bullet point is
superfluous.)