Re: Status of dgit (good for NMUs and fast-forwarding Debian branches)

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Single-patch "3.0 (quilt)" is still IMO insane.  The droppings in .pc
> and debian/patches (which require workarounds in dgit) also mean (for
> example) that a debdiff of a one-line change contains a giant pile of
> poo.

I don't understand what you mean by this.  I do debdiffs between
single-debian-patch 3.0 (quilt) packages (for security fixes, for
example), and I don't recall seeing giant piles of poo, just the relevant
change to the single patch.  I don't recall ever seeing changes to .pc
files in debdiffs.