Re: UTF-8 in jessie

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> Jonas Smedegaard writes ("Re: UTF-8 in jessie"):

>> How about we simply mention explicitly that `arcane quoting' - even if
>> arguably related to UTF-8 encoding, should be classified not as
>> release-critical bugs but as spelling errors.

> I don't think it is a bug.  What I'm trying to forestall is a campaign
> to change documents which use ` '.

Well, personally I think that's ugly, and if it bothers me sufficiently I
might file a minor bug about it, but I certainly agree that it's not a
suitable subject for a mass bug filing.  And surely that's obvious?  I
wouldn't have even thought of the relationship of backtick in ASCII to
this proposal if you hadn't mentioned it, and it seems unlikely to me that
we're going to have many people who think this is what it means.