Re: Preventing government subversion in Debian, verification of binary package uploads

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 11:45:54PM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:

> Here I assume that U.S. law is not so draconian that it can require someone
> who has contributed to Debian (and who is therefore trusted) to continue
> doing so.

Don't be too sure. The owner of, I believe, lavabit was threatened with
criminal prosecution for shutting down his site rather than comply with
the NSA. Can't vouch for that but that's the story going around.

Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped
NSA agents who fail to see humor in Doctor
Key ID 8D549279