Re: Preventing government subversion in Debian, verification of binary package uploads

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 11:45:54PM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:

> Here I assume that U.S. law is not so draconian that it can require someone
> who has contributed to Debian (and who is therefore trusted) to continue
> doing so.

Don't be too sure. The owner of, I believe, lavabit was threatened with
criminal prosecution for shutting down his site rather than comply with
the NSA. Can't vouch for that but that's the story going around.

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped