Re: Switching default dpkg-source compressor for V2+ formats to xz

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:41:13AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> In any case I think trying to standardize on a single compressor across
> the board is a good thing

xz supports null-compressed chunks but currently (AFAIK) doesn't expose any
way to force them.  That'd be an equivalent to uncompressed tarballs.  xz -0
is what you would expect from -1: fast but non-null compression.

If this would be dealt with (or we decide current -0 is fast enough), it
might be a good idea to drop support for producing packages compressed with
anything but xz.  Less complexity to maintain is always good.

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ