Re: UTF-8 in jessie

Le Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 08:12:24AM +0200, Christian PERRIER a écrit :
> Quoting Charles Plessy (plessy@debian.org):
>
> > About display by GUIs, I think that we should have a system to install all the
> > fonts necessary to display languages that we support at the installation.
>

> Such as tasksel and its language tasks? :-)
>
> In short, we already have that. However, we need people to maintain
> that, namely to decide what fonts should be installed when a given
> language is chosen at install time.

Hi Christian,

what I am proposing is a task that install all languages.  I made a bit of
research earlier, and it is not as simple as installing all the existing tasks,
as the result on my computer was that some browsers started to display Japanese
texts with simplified Chinese glyphs.

    http://bugs.debian.org/702050

Unfortunately, I did not get answer.  Feedback is much welcome.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan