Re: Requesting DDs who want to help greet new contributors

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 02:24:43AM -0400, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> I agree that mentoring is often very effective.

I'd like to give some report at DebConf[1] about Mentoring of Month[2].
The report will probably not fill more than 15-20min and the focus of
this BoF is rather on "seeking more ideas".  People who are interested
into this thread might like to join the event.

> One of the key
> elements I find missing in mentoring, however, is the work to
> establish a relationship between mentor and mentee that leads to
> them having meaningful discussions rather than not asking each other
> questions.

I tried to clarify this inside the MoM rules[2].

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://penta.debconf.org/dc13_schedule/events/987.en.html
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM