Re: Missing makefile

On 7/31/2013 11:09 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:53:33AM -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

And compiling kernel modules is off-topic for debian-user.  It
should, however, be on-topic here.

Correct, but you are more likely to be directed to debian-mentors. Try
there.

Chris,

I looked at that list first, but it seems to be more for how to create packages.

In this case I think it's a bug in one of the packages. Note that I am not directly calling /usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-4-common/scripts/Makefile.build - that's part of the make process.

That file is trying to call /usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-4-common/scripts/basic/Makefile, which doesn't exist.

The problem is I'm not sure which package(s) contain these files (and don't know how to check). But obviously a make file in a package should not be calling another makefile unless it either contains the second makefile, or depends on the package which does.