projectb mirror (was: Re: Grub 2.00 in testing?)

Hi,

On 07/22/2013 12:57, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> dak on coccia.d.o is not in the best shape (yet):
>
> $ dak rm -nR ruby-activesupport-2.3
[...]
> daklib.dak_exceptions.CantOpenError:
> /srv/ftp-master.debian.org/ftp//pool/main//r/ruby-activesupport-2.3/ruby-activesupport-2.3_2.3.14-7_all.deb

Changes to the projectb database are visible almost immediately through
replication, however the ftp/ directory is only updated when mirrors are
pushed. So there might be errors when trying to access recently
installed files.

Ideally the dependency check "dak rm -nR" does would no longer access
any files. All information should be available in the database, however
nobody had time to adapt the reverse dependency check to use it so far.

We were also considering to make the projectb copy accessible from
Alioth (if DSA and Alioth admins agree), however I'm not sure how useful
it is without access to the mirror tree. "dak ls" would work, but as
mentioned above "dak rm -nR" wouldn't be too useful yet.

Ansgar