not really vaporware but almost (Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

Hi,

On Samstag, 20. Juli 2013, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> The problem isn't that OpenRC isn't fit. The problem is that *NONE* of
> the projects are fitting *ALL* of our requirements. All of the 3
> solutions have problems.

so, there is systemd and there is upstart. what is the 3rd solution?

After having read http://wiki.debian.org/OpenRC  and looking at  the
packaging, I would like you to stop speaking about openrc for Debian as if
existed.
(In case you curious, read the paragraph labeled "Compile Out OpenRC" on that
wiki page and clone git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/openrc.git and read
debian/openrc.postinst.)

So pleeeeeease, stop hyping something which is not even remotely ready, until
it at least is installable with "git clone && debuild" or better yet, until it
passed NEW.

Oh, and there should also be a sane way to remove openrc after trying it.
Restoring from backup is not such a way.

cheers,
	Holger, who thinks the 3rd solution must by SysV-init