Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 13:09 +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
>> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

>> > OpenRC has already been discussed for Debian for over a year, it's still not
>> > fully ported and working, yet you claim the port is doing well.
>> >
>> > Are you seriously expecting anyone to use such a patch work on a productive
>> > machine?
>>
>> At least I am seriously expecting that Debian isn't discarding the outcome
>> of a project it has officially endorsed to be under its umbrella for GSoC
>> without even the slightest bit of consideration.
> [...]
>
> GSoC Debian projects are not 'officially endorsed by Debian'.  So far as
> I understand it, they are supported by at least one DD (proposer and
> mentor, may be the same person) and accepted by the GSoC coordinator;
> that's all.

Having Delegates working on it makes it sound pretty official, but I agree
that I have worded it a bit (too) strong in an ill attempt to match the style
of the sentence above. Sorry for that.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies