Re: [Popcon-developers] Encrypted popcon submissions

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 11:27:12PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 05:08:08PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Dear Debian people,
> >
> > I upload popularity-contest 1.58 which add support for encrypted submissions.
> > For this release it is not activated by default.
> > Please help test this feature by adding
> > ENCRYPT="yes"
> > to /etc/popularity-contest.conf to activate it.
> >
> > Once this feature has seen proper testing, we will activate it by default.
>
> Well, 1.58 is now is testing and I still received only an handful of encrypted
> report. I know you can do better!

Indeed, I receive much more encrypted report now.

A bug I like to fix before enabling encryption by default is #714917:
gpg is creating a directory /root/gnupg with various files which are
essentially useless since popcon do not perform any signature checks.

I do not know how to fix this bug short of creating a dummy GPGHOME
directory with useless files.
Any help welcome!

Cheers,
--