Re: Reporting 1.2K crashes

* Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> [2013-07-04 13:20:38 +0800]:

> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>
> > I guess you could ask, but I have a feeling they would prefer to
> > work with the upstream projects.
>
> I've sent an email to scan-admin@coverity.com.
>
> > clang also has an option to do that now I think, did someone try
> > to run that on the archive?
>
> Do you know how to run that in an automated way? I would like to add
> it here and to my pbuilder hook:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian#Check_points_for_any_package
>
> Debian's efforts on archive-wide scanning have seen better days. There
> is Mole (in qa svn repo), which does some data extraction and other
> things and is currently only used for watch file checking I think.
> There is DACA, which isn't being worked on AFAICT. There is
> debuild.me, which is actively being worked on by paultag and it uses
> the firehose data format, which is a Fedora initiated project about
> machine-readable static/etc analysis results.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole
> http://qa.debian.org/daca/
> http://debuild.me/
> https://github.com/fedora-static-analysis/firehose

There's a GSoC project underway, mentored by Sylvestre Ledru, to run
scan-build on all the archive. Here's the student application:

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/LeoCavaille

and a link to the progress reports from Léo:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2013-June/001544.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2013-June/001600.html

Things seem to be going smoothly. IIRC Léo and Sylvestre will be at DebConf
too, so it might be the good time to do a BoF (or graft that on a QA BoF)?

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #255: