Re: Berkeley DB 6.0 license change to AGPLv3

* Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org> [130702 15:15]:
> Again, why do you plan on removing free software from main due to a
> change in license?

Licenses matter. Just because something it acceptable for Debian
main does not mean it is a good idea to have something licensed under
a specific license. So removing stuff if their license changes can
make sense in many situations.

And doubly so for AGPL. (I'll never understand why people consider it
free software, I'd not even allow the term freeware for it).

        Bernhard R. Link