Re: Reporting 1.2K crashes

Quoting Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer (2013-06-27 19:42:16)
> On Thursday 27 June 2013 11:19:40 Alexandre Rebert wrote:
> > > I do not think that you should try to implement this immediately
> > > but from a Debian Maintainers point of view we now could present a
> > > case where it makes perfectly sense to use DEP5 formated copyright
> > > files and if we try to do this more strictly future tests could
> > > profit from it.
> >
> > For our purposes, it would useful to have a way to extract upstream
> > developers' addresses automatically. I'd love to see DEP5 adopted
> > for this reason.
>
> But even if adopted and up to date, it doesn't means that's the
> correct way of dealing with upstream. Many addresses will be of former
> developers, and in most situations it will not be the best way to
> contact upstream. Some will want a mail to a specific mailing list,
> some other to open an issue in their bugtracker, ...

I disagree with your remark that "...it will not be the best way...":
DEP5 Upstream-Contact hint is defined as the preferred form of contact
for upstream.

So if adopted and up-to-date, it will be the correct (and will also be
up-to-date - that's obviously implied from it being, ahem, up-to-date).

Regards,

 - Jonas