Re: Reporting 1.2K crashes

On Thursday 27 June 2013 11:19:40 Alexandre Rebert wrote:
> > I do not think that you should try to implement this immediately but
> > from a Debian Maintainers point of view we now could present a case
> > where it makes perfectly sense to use DEP5 formated copyright files and
> > if we try to do this more strictly future tests could profit from it.
>
> For our purposes, it would useful to have a way to extract upstream
> developers' addresses automatically. I'd love to see DEP5 adopted for
> this reason.

But even if adopted and up to date, it doesn't means that's the correct way of
dealing with upstream. Many addresses will be of former developers, and in
most situations it will not be the best way to contact upstream. Some will
want a mail to a specific mailing list, some other to open an issue in their
bugtracker, ...

So let me suggest against getting that info from there.

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/