Re: Re: Reporting 1.2K crashes

Le Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:28:15AM -0400, Alexandre Rebert a écrit :

> > I wished the respective report would have been sent to the upstream developers,
> > not to Debian. We could have been a second resort when upstream does not
> > react to the reports (not unlikely, admittedly). Now, the Debian maintainer
> > sees the findings two weeks before the bug is made public. I do not feel this
> > to be right.
>
> I agree with you that it would have been best to contact upstream
> developers instead of package maintainers. I couldn't find a tool
> listing upstream developers for a given package however, and that's
> why we contacted package maintainers instead.

Hi,

while the coverage is still tiny, there is an effort to collect contact
addresses listed in the debian/upstream file in the VCS where our source
packages are maintained.

    http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/table/contact

In some cases, it is a valid email address.  Perhaps you can give it a priority
?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy