Re: Reporting 1.2K crashes

> BTW,  the mails you have been sending with links to the crashes have
> been going to publicly archived lists, not sure if you meant for that
> to happen though?

I don't think the Mayhem team is at all to blame for that: we seemingly simply
don't have the necessary information in place.

For mass bug filings with potential security implications, we'd need some
Maintainer-private field in our control files. I think it is simply impractical
to go and ask for those people doing the MBF to take a look at each package to
figure out *manually* which address to use for private contact.

In a similar vein, also machine-readable information about upstream contact
points would be useful for MBFs that relate to upstream issues (such as this
one).

Best,
Michael