Re: vision: easily move all my data and config to a new machine

Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:
> Now I'd like to know which files in /etc are still in their default state and
> which were modified by me, including a diff against the default. Is there some
> possibility to get this information? I have etckeeper installed but I don't
> see how it could give me this information.

If etckeeper were to check in the unmodified versions of the packaged
conffiles in a branch called 'dpkg-dist' (or whatever) then it would be
trivial to do a diff.

Presumably it would be possible to do this in one of the hook scripts.

Cheers, Phil.