Re: Recommend documentation

Le mardi 18 juin 2013 à 00:18 +0200, Salvo Tomaselli a écrit :
> I have noticed that a number of packages tend to recommend documentation,
> which is then by default normally installed.
> Is there a policy for that?

I don’t think so, apart from the maintainer’s good judgement as to who
needs the doc.

In the general case, these are useful:
- foo-bin Recommends: foo-user-doc
- libfoo-dev Recommends: foo-api-doc

> Using dpkg I found a number of latex -doc packages installed with
> recommends for the total size of 694MB.

Isn’t it a good thing? Whenever you do latex, you need the documentation
sometimes.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :