Re: 7.0-> 7.1: any reasons for switching from {4,5,6}.0.x scheme?

On 2013-06-17 17:51, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
Call it "undocumented" if you will, it is one of the prominent identifiers of a Debian release and doesn't explain to me why this change couldn't have been announced on d-d-a beforehand so people could adapt. The change
was also omitted from the point release announcement.

That was an oversight on my part, for which I apologise. The change had been planned for a while and I was sure that it had been announced (outside of being mentioned on #debian-release several times); I was obviously mistaken.

To add to the confusion the Release Team refers to Wheezy as "7.0" and
Jessie as "8.0". So 8.1 may or may not be "Jessie"? Who knows.

We're trying to stop doing so. Old habits die hard, as this thread demonstrates. (To the extent that we still tend to refer to a release as "r0", even though that scheme hasn't been used for years now.)

Regards,

Adam