Bug#712571: ITP: opam -- package manager for OCaml
Owner: Mehdi Dogguy <email@example.com>
* Package name : opam
Version : 1.0.0
Upstream Author : OCamlPro
* URL : http://opam.ocamlpro.com/
* License : GPL3
Programming Lang: OCaml
Description : package manager for OCaml
OPAM stands for OCaml PAckage Manager. It aims to suit to a vast number
of users and use cases, and has unique features:
* Powerful handling of dependencies: versions constraints, optional
dependencies, conflicts, etc.
* Multiple repositories backends: HTTP, rsync, git
* Ease to create packages and repositories
* Ability to switch between different compiler versions
Typically, OPAM will probably make your life easier if you recognize
yourself in at least one of these profiles:
* You use multiple versions of the OCaml compiler, or you hack the compiler
yourself and needs to frequently switch between compiler versions.
* You use or develop software that needs a specific and/or modified version
of the OCaml compiler to be installed.
* You use or develop software that depends on a specific version of an OCaml
library, or you just want to install a specific version of a package, not
just the latest one.
* You want to create your own packages yourself, put them on your own
repository, with minimal effort.