Re: jessie release goal: verbose build logs

* Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> [130614 13:36]:
> Verbose build logs allow to analyse package builds and give hints to more issues
> regarding the build, especially for the hardening flags.  The lintian hardening
> checks are incomplete, because they rely on the inspection of the generated
> binaries, which may be incomplete especially for many plugins or dynamically
> loadable extensions.

While I agree that a build log without compiler arguments is essentially
worthless, could we please not call something that is not too silent
"verbose"? Verbose is something that uses more words as necessary, while
compiler options are neccessary, without them users of the software
cannot get help in forums or channels when they have problems compiling
the software and with build logs porters can often hardly help if the
old buildd log contains no information.

        Bernhard R. Link