Re: x32 “half”arrived… now what?

Adam Borowski wrote:
> Wouldn't it be easier to have lib32gcc1:amd64 merely depend on libgcc1:i386?
> It'd save a massive amount of complexity.

But that reintroduces the problem which convinced me there's a reason to keep
lib32gcc1 in the first place: suppose libgcc1:i386 and libgcc1:amd64 get out of
sync.  That makes it impossible to autobuild gcc on the out-of-date
architecture to correct the situation.  (That's probably more of an issue on
other slower architectures like mips/mipsel.)
--
Daniel Schepler